What I Do
Helping others through psychotherapy and counseling is an honor. I approach each person who enters my office with humility, respect, and an open mind. I strive to be open to and hold in my awareness the ways in which privilege distorts my perceptions of myself, others, and the communities in which we live. Therapy with me is a collaboration in which we create a compassionate, warm, and safe environment to explore, challenge, grieve, celebrate, teach, learn, laugh, cry, focus, drift -- to examine all that comes into one's experience in the room. From these experiences and observations, we identify strengths as well as deficits; we cast light on what is and is not working. Most importantly, we use these experiences and information to change relationships with self and others.
People of all races, gender identities, nationalities, and sexual orientations are welcomed in my practice. Access to affordable quality mental health services is a social justice issue. To ensure that my practice is not only welcoming of everyone but also accessible to many, evening and sliding scale couples therapy and individual therapy appointments are available. Please contact me for more information about these rates.
Education and Training
- Master of Arts in Psychology from Golden Gate University with High Honors.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from UCLA with Departmental Honors.
- The Liberation Institute, MFT Trainee and MFT Intern 2013-2015.
- Private Practice, MFT Intern 2015- present.
- Conard House, Inc., MFT Intern 2016- present.
- Gottman Method for Couples Therapy, Level 1 & Level 2.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, Member
- East Bay CAMFT Chapter, Member
- San Francisco CAMFT Chapter, Member
- Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology, Member
- Gaylesta: The Psychotherapist Association for Gender & Sexual Diversity, Member
- Bay Area Open Minds: Psychotherapists Affirming Sexual & Gender Diversity, Board Member
- National Coalition for Sexual Freedom, Member